Musings of a mom... with three very different, but wonderful children... primarily talking about ADHD related stuff... but could talk about anything.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

We Made It

We all made it to Camp Katrina, aka The Christian Life Center of Waveland, Miss. Why are we here? Here are some paraphrases of the reasons we collectively are hear (there are currently about 24 volunteers from churchs in Ohio, New York and New Jersey).

  • "To take the focus off my own needs, and redirect myself to other people's needs for at least one week"
  • "Because it's awesome to watch God's timetable work"
  • "Because I've been so blessed in my life, and I want to share that with others"
  • "Because it's more about God working in our lives, then really what we have to offer to others. The work we do is tangible and relevant, but the work God does on us is even more important (first commandment - love God/ second commandment - love others)"

The above are just some of the reasons shared tonight. Since my internet time is very short and coming to a close, I'll leave the blog now, albeit rather unfinished. Hopefully I have enough time to upload some pictures as well.

Prayer request of the day:

That God's spirit will protect us from any of Satan's attempts to hinder what is happening here with us personally, and with the community of Waveland as a whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home