Musings of a mom... with three very different, but wonderful children... primarily talking about ADHD related stuff... but could talk about anything.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Why Am I So Boring?

My sister-in-law writes a hilarious blog about her life as a stay-at-home mom. Whenever I sit down to write a blog it turns into some kind of philosophical diatribe. That makes me feel very boring.

Why am I so boring? I blame it on genes. My personality style is INTJ which is the preferred personality style for CIA analysts (no, not the interesting operatives), and it does describe me to a T. But behind my boringness, there is a lot going on. It's probably the same with all of us! Remember that whenever you label someone. You are seeing 10% of them, another 90% is probably hidden behind their facade.

See? I turned another simple question into a philosophical sermon. Oh well, I guess God made me that way. To find out about your personality style, go to http://www.humanmetrics.com/ and take the Jung Typology Test. Then remember that everyone has hidden aspects to their personality, and be a little slower to apply labels.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I took the personality test- it didn't describe me to a T or anything, but it was fairly accurate. I always get so frustrated taking those things! I mean, how do you answer a question like, "Would you rather be at a large party or at home alone with a book?" Well, to answer that I need a little more information! Am I tired when I'm making this decision? Am I all dressed and made up, or will I have to spend an hour getting ready in order to go to this party? Am I in a good mood, or am I wallowing in a pit of self-loathing after eating half a pan of brownies? This sort of information would, in real life, have a large impact on my answer to the original "party or book" question!

12:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not boring! I think you're a very hands-on person like me. So it's always a pleasure doing something with you, like the time we brainstormed ideas for the Shawnee Alliance Cafe. When we put our wacky heads together and focus on something, it's anything but boring.

12:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't put labels on yourself. it's self prophesizing.

9:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was sad to see you didn't have an additional post this weekend.

8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home