Musings of a mom... with three very different, but wonderful children... primarily talking about ADHD related stuff... but could talk about anything.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Bad Day At School

Wednesday he had a bad day at school. We received a note home that he was disruptive, kept saying he was tired, laughed when he was reprimanded, only completed one page of his work, etc. "Was this the type of behavior he had the at the other school?" Yes, it was. But, he had gone almost three weeks without that kind of behavior at the new school, so that's good, right?

Come to find out - he actually was tired. Fell asleep on the couch before 8 pm that night.

So what does this tell me? It tells me that he is much more susceptible to the environment than my other kids. Last week was crazy in our household, and the kids were shuffled around a lot. Very bad for him. He had a babysitter the night before the bad day. Very bad for him. He must not have slept well. Again, bad.

So, maybe a couple lessons learned?
1. Keep the weekdays as normal as possible for him.
2. Make sure he gets lots of sleep
3. 5 full days of kindergarten was probably too much (he now has 3)

But then why I am his mom? Because I hate predictibility. I thrive in chaos and constant activities.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mommy Daisy said...

3 weeks with no incidents. Wow, that's wonderful. I think you're learning right along with him and that will be an OK thing.

12:08 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Poor kid. I feel your pain with not enjoying schedules and wishing your kids would thrive in the same environment you enjoy! I always feel bad that our days/nights aren't more routine and organized- so far it doesn't seem to bother either of them much, but I know the day is coming.

2:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you his mom? Maybe he's your child for your sake.

1:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home